Photo by Wendy Kovac

Monday, January 17, 2011

Garett at 27 months


Life with a two year old isn't always easy, but it is never boring. I don't care what anyone says about the "terrible twos," I just love this stage! I will be the first to admit that sometimes Garett has me at sixes and sevens, but for the most part, we have a ball together. The rate at which he learns new things is just astonishing. He's expressing himself so well and really growing in independence. Among his favorite things right now: finger painting, saying his ABCs and counting (1-12), playing with trains and cars, watching Sesame Street, playing "hutball" (football), visiting with MiMi and GooGoo via Skype, and feeding Mickey treats.

This is what I like to call "full contact finger painting." It makes a royal mess, but Garett just loves the freedom of it. I strip him down to his birthday suit, put some paper and paints on the kitchen floor, and let 'er rip! We head straight to the tub afterward, of course.
Garett must know Mommy is a big "Twilight" fan...
but this is just plain silly! What a comedian!