The Imagination Movers were in Durham, North Carolina playing the last show of their first "In a Big Warehouse Tour," and we were there to see them! Seats third row center. Backstage passes. What more could a mini-movers fan ask for? Garett has been a huge fan since he first saw them on Disney at four months old - he'd always coo and giggle, but now he dances, sings along, and shouts out answers while they are problem-solving. I wasn't sure how much fun a Disney concert would be (think hundreds of screaming toddlers and preschoolers), but it was awesome. We've seen some great concerts - Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, Foo Fighters, RHCP - and I SWEAR I would rank this one right up there, if for no other reason than seeing my child's face light up when they burst on stage. A HUGE thank-you to MiMi and GooGoo for making this experience possible. We love you and wish you could have been with us! Are those the Movers' big rigs I see? Take a closer look...
no doubt about! Hey there Mouse, nice ride!
A quick lollipop break before the concert. We took Garett's birthday poster in for autographs, but Rich spotted it from the stage during the concert and asked to see it. Garett got a birthday shout-out and Rich carried the sign around the stage for everyone to see. Such a cool moment for my little man.

Jammin' with the Movers at the after-party. Does Rich remind anyone of a young Elvis? Gene lucked out and caught one of Rich's guitar picks thrown from the stage during the concert.
Scotty-Scott-Scott. On TV he's a big goof-ball, but he was the warmest, nicest guy in person. He's the original mastermind behind the Movers, so many thanks to him and his imagination for hours of joy and learning for Garett.
Smitty and Dave rockin' out! 
Meeting the Movers! Garett got high-fives and fist-pumps from the guys, and he went back for seconds and thirds on hugs with Nina. How he loves Nina! It's not a crush - it's true love.
The end of a long and exciting day. Love the look on Garett's face - awestruck. My mom and dad took me to see "Annie" and meet the cast when I was about his age, and although I don't remember every moment clearly, I remember the excitement I felt and meeting Daddy Warbucks, too. I know Garett is only 2, but I believe he'll remember this day in much the same way.