Photo by Wendy Kovac

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Can't Help Lovin' That Man of Mine


Whoever said that raising kids is easy? Certainly not me. Certainly not when your kid is a precocious, energetic, unbelievably curious three year old boy. But just when I'm about to put a stamp on his butt and mail him to his grandmother for good, Garett will say or do something so incredibly precious, and I'm falling in love all over again.
A little illustration of what daily life with Garett is like. One morning recently, we were rushing to get in the car and get to school on time. He was dawdling, as all three year olds do, but it felt as if he'd dragged his feet on every single task that morning. I had asked him at least three times to get in his carseat and sit down, when I finally lost my cool. I shouted, "Garett, you are making mommy bananas today!" Garett calmly climbed into his carseat, started buckling his seatbelt, looked up at me with a puzzled expression and said, "Mommy, you not bananas. People are just people." What a kid.