
As I post these pictures, Little Lamb is already 26 weeks! LL is growing bigger and stronger everyday, those little butterfly kicks now packing a bit more punch. Garett is convinced that Little Lamb is a girl, but insists that we name LL "Boy." He is very sweet, hugging my belly often and talking to LL through my belly button, which he must imagine is some magic portal to his brother or sister.
"No more pictures please!" Poor baby, the fetal anatomy scan takes such a long time, lots of prodding and poking. I still can hardly believe that getting such imagery is possible. Makes me wonder what science and medicine will be like when my children are having children.
Waving goodbye, or just "see you soon." As I write this, Christmas is actually only a few days away. One of my favorite Christmas songs, written and sung by Jewel, has been particularly meaningful this year. It never fails to make me cry, thinking of the joy Garett has brought to our lives and looking forward to doubling that joy in the new year:
Until tonight, my heart was just half full,
had never known the fruit which fed the soul.
Now I see what may put to rest my longing.
For I have seen the face of love - the grace of God - the face of love.